You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Apple Music's preview on PC, now can't backup iPhone to iTunes

I recently saw that a preview of Apple Music was released for PC so I installed it. Everything was going great until I realized I needed to backup my iPhone. I can't find anywhere on Apple Music to do this so I went back to iTunes. On iTunes everything has changed, many options are removed and it tells me to go to Apple Music. When I plug my iPhone in, it doesn't show up anywhere in iTunes anymore so there is now nowhere for me to backup my iPhone. Do I really need to switch to Android just to backup a phone on a PC?

I also tried downloading the iCloud app for Windows. This only seems to control what files are backed up to iCloud but it only gives you 5GB of iCloud data so that doesn't help. Is backing up my iPhone now a premium feature I need to buy iCloud space for?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 1:48 PM

2 replies

Downloaded Apple Music's preview on PC, now can't backup iPhone to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.