MacBook Air M1 Upload speed issues

Over the past few weeks I have been struggling with upload speeds on my MacBook Air M1. over wifi with too I am getting download speeds in the region of 300-500MB/s but download speeds of around 0.5 MB/s preventing me from being able to upload anything, like syncing Adobe Lightroom or iCloud.

I know the issue isn't my ISP as I have steady Download and upload speeds with every other device (iPhones Windows Computers) with upload and download speeds of 300-500MB/s

If I use my personal hotspot from my phone. I am able to get upload speeds and sync Adobe Lightroom, Albeit slowly... as expected from a hotspot.

I have done a complete erase and re-install on my Mac, going back to Ventura which briefly gave normal upload speeds before reverting to nothing again. I am now back onto Sonoma 14.2.1 and the problem persists.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Jan 11, 2024 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2024 2:46 AM

If anyone finds themselves here struggling with the same problem I finally managed to fix the issue after coming across this thread - How change the MTU to 1460 or something - Apple Community

After changing my wifi MTU configure to manual, dropping the MTU to 1436 I cleared my Lightroom sync of over a gig in seconds, speed test upload jumping right upto 550mb/s and even improving my download speed.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2024 2:46 AM in response to sjohnson7692

If anyone finds themselves here struggling with the same problem I finally managed to fix the issue after coming across this thread - How change the MTU to 1460 or something - Apple Community

After changing my wifi MTU configure to manual, dropping the MTU to 1436 I cleared my Lightroom sync of over a gig in seconds, speed test upload jumping right upto 550mb/s and even improving my download speed.

Jan 15, 2024 1:21 AM in response to sjohnson7692

Small Update. I have taken my mac into work to try another Network it now appears that its getting a stead 100mb down and 70 upload. So My mac is working over hotspot and Work Wifi. But remains the only device that doesnt work on my Home network.

My Home Network is with Toob, a 1gb/s connection. and the problem has only occured since apples latest update (DEC 2023) any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

MacBook Air M1 Upload speed issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.