How do I find out what computers have access to play my purchased content?

I only have 3 devices associated with my account, but it says 4 computers are authorized to play my purchased content. How do I get a list of those computers? It only shows 3 devices under Manage Devices which is my mac, iPhone and iPad.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 8:15 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 12, 2024 8:32 AM in response to Bvwilliams

There is no list available. All you can do is Deauthorize All and then authorize the ones you want to be able to play music. It is possible to have a computer authorized to play music, but not able to download content on the App Store, which is why you see the discrepancy or the computer is no longer available but will remain being authorized.

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2024 8:29 AM in response to Bvwilliams

There is no way to get a list of the specific computers. Only you can know which ones you authorized.

Computers and devices are separate things. Any computer you may have owned in the past where you logged in with your Apple Id and authorized it, will remain authorized until you de-authorize it even if you wipe the computer and no longer own it.

You can de-authorize them all, and then authorize the ones you still have though.

De-Authorization does not affect iOS devices, Apple TVs or any third party devices such as smart TVs consoles or streaming devices. But it will affect authorized Mac and PC computers you may have.

click here ➜ Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2024 5:57 PM in response to Phil0124

I "deauthorized all" then went back in and authorized my current MacBook Pro. So now I do see only one computer that is authorized, which is correct. But now I don't see my MacBook Pro anymore in "Manage Devices". It only shows my iPhone and iPad. Does it take a while for my laptop to show up in "Manage Devices" or is something else wrong? Was it supposed to disappear from Manage Devices when I deauthorized it?

How do I find out what computers have access to play my purchased content?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.