Newest Photo Markup is Unusable

I’m in the trades and I used the old photo markup religiously for work, it’s necessary. I loved it. But now the update has screwed everything good up, and now it’s like they regressed as far as function. I cannot use the arrows anymore as they only can be positioned by some invisible grid. So rigid. Worthless. All my preferences that were saved on markup before, nope, I have to go through 3 steps to just get the color, size, and opacity right for every photo (and I edit hundreds of photos per job). I can’t just start editing like previous versions. I’ve tried other apps, they don’t work as well. Is there any way to revert to the old markup? Because this is just ridiculous

Posted on Jan 13, 2024 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2024 7:53 AM

Oh my word, me too. I use it to apply to the municipality for street use permits. I use it to markup maps for assessments, etc. I am tech savvy and this markup is WHACK. I hate it. Ugh. Why fix something this is NOT broken.

8 replies

Jan 13, 2024 10:17 AM in response to bran171

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community

What Mac model and year are you using?

What system are you running?

Where is your library located? If on an external drive how is the drive formatted and connected to your Mac.

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Newest Photo Markup is Unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.