Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if I don't want to update an app???

Anyone know if there is any way to delete an update of an app that I don't want to do? For example, I have an update now that lists "support for Australia". That's great but I'm in the US so I really don't need it and don't want the extra space taken. Any way I can forgo an update so it's not in my update list?

iOS 4

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 9:57 AM

Just don't update it.
4 replies

Aug 29, 2010 7:33 PM in response to reddelish

Hey, did you ever figure out how to "un-update" an app? Sometimes an update makes an app worse. For example, Shazam version 1.8.7 is the last fully unlimited, free version. But a few weeks ago, they made everyone update to version 1.8.8, and it's limited to just 5 tags per month. They are forcing everyone to buy the new unlimited version for $5.00 and it's no different from the previous version. I was lucky not to update it, but I want to remove that app from any future updates and dismiss the update notification on my iPhone's "app store" icon. Please let me know if you were successful. Thanks

< Edited by Host >

What if I don't want to update an app???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.