Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Roadrunner Mail no longer working on any of my devices (after purchasing new MacBook Pro)

I just purchased a Mac Book Pro - transferred all data over via storage hub. Now my roadrunner (Spectrum) email does not work on ANY of my Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). But my gmail works fine on all. I have deleted the accounts and try to re-add. But keeps telling me info is not correct. I have let it try to do automatically (and it selects IMAP). Have also tried pop settings (according to Apple website). Neither works.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 11:58 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2024 7:21 AM in response to bigmomma

I just recently discovered that I had stopped receiving mail on my Roadrunner account, so I deleted it from the Mail.app and went through the process of starting over and adding it again. I couldn't get beyond the server settings and got a similar pop-up informing me that the IMAP server "mail.twc.com" was not responding. I attributed the problem to a recent automatic update to iOS 17.3.1. Neither Mac nor Spectrum support could figure it out, and both parties suggested calling the other. Mac support was much more dedicated to helping me solve the problem, but gave up in the end. Spectrum support merely told me that Spectrum now considered RR a third-party provider that was being phased out and that I should get a Gmail account instead. However, just prior to saying goodbye forever to Roadrunner, I tried turning off my Nord VPN. It worked. I was able to connect to the servers and reinstall RR. Nord was the culprit and I should have guessed from the start. Live and learn. I suspect other VPNs might have a similar effect. You can always turn them off to check your mail.

Jan 19, 2024 3:52 PM in response to bigmomma

bigmomma wrote:

I have been on chat several times with Spectrum. they say all my settings are correct. They tell me to call Apple, which I did. they could not help me either - they told me to call Spectrum. I think this has something to do with upgrade to Sonoma 14

On the Mac side—

for problems accounts he go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Jan 19, 2024 8:55 AM in response to bigmomma

bigmomma wrote:

I just purchased a Mac Book Pro - transferred all data over via storage hub. Now my roadrunner (Spectrum) email does not work on ANY of my Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook). But my gmail works fine on all. I have deleted the accounts and try to re-add. But keeps telling me info is not correct. I have let it try to do automatically (and it selects IMAP). Have also tried pop settings (according to Apple website). Neither works.

Spectrum Email Troubleshooting

Roadrunner Email Support

Jan 23, 2024 9:06 PM in response to bigmomma

I first started having issues with my RR email on my iPhone in the fall 2023. It wouldn't send email out from my phone. It would go in the Outbox, and then I could send the email out. Now the last week, I can't send any email out, not even from the Outbox. And all of my mail I open on the iPhone, none goes into my mail on my MacBook Pro. I'm losing mail I need to keep track of. All of the spam is now going to my iPhone, instead of in the spam folder on my webmail - to RR on my laptop. Went to AT&T today, they had me delete and reinstall the mail app. It sent out one email, but all the problems remain.

Roadrunner Mail no longer working on any of my devices (after purchasing new MacBook Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.