I am having SIM failure issue from different carriers on iPhone

My phone was working about a week ago with my straight talk Sim card and then one night I fell asleep and woke up the next morning to my phone saying SOS only, I’ve done called straight talk four times and every time they said they were going to transfer me to somebody bigger to talk to they hung up. Also, it’s a Verizon phone and now only when I put a Verizon Sim card in.( my brothers) it pops up that I have service stuff.. but the Sim card that I’ve been using every since I’ve had this phone keep saying sam failure, and every other Sim card I try to use it won’t activate even though straight talk said it would

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 7:33 AM

That means that your phone is carrier locked, and the SIM you installed is not from the carrier the phone is locked to. You will have to contact the carrier that holds the lock and ask about their unlocking policy.

9 replies

Jan 22, 2024 11:13 AM in response to makinzieray

SOS means that your phone is working, but is not connected to your carrier’s network. It can only make emergency calls on other networks. You need to contact your carrier to resolve this. Here is guidance from Apple→If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

You will have to continue working with Straight Talk, unfortunately. There’s a reason they are a discount carrier; they save on customer support.

Mar 21, 2024 10:04 AM in response to Surajdabur

This is a user-to-user forum; no one here can unlock anything, and neither can Apple.

How is it locked?

Mar 21, 2024 10:04 AM in response to Surajdabur

Surajdabur wrote:

Sim not support

A SIM Not Supported message means that your phone is locked to a carrier, and the SIM is not for the carrier the phone is locked to. You need to contact the carrier the phone is locked to and ask about their unlocking policy. Here’s more information→How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

I am having SIM failure issue from different carriers on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.