stanza.co - Cannot Verify Server Identity on iPhone

Every time I use my apple devices I’m receiving a pop up message “cannot verify server identity stanza.co”. I think Apple is notifying me that this site is not safe so I hit ‘cancel’. I’m guessing that this site somehow keeps trying to access my devices so how do I block it or stop these pop up’s from happening all the time? Thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2024 1:49 PM

I fixed mine by following the solution in this guide: Fix Cannot Verify Server Identity on iPhone. The issue occurred because the certificate for the subscribed calendar had expired. In my case, I was subscribed to an NBA sports calendar that used Stanza. I went to my Calendar app, deleted the subscribed calendar, and now the popup is gone. 

131 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2024 1:49 PM in response to laconia128

I fixed mine by following the solution in this guide: Fix Cannot Verify Server Identity on iPhone. The issue occurred because the certificate for the subscribed calendar had expired. In my case, I was subscribed to an NBA sports calendar that used Stanza. I went to my Calendar app, deleted the subscribed calendar, and now the popup is gone. 

Jan 22, 2024 2:37 PM in response to Dmkribs

This happened with a friend's phone earlier this afternoon. Go to Settings > Calendars > Accounts > Subscribed Calendars and check that the server field doesn't have that URL. If it does, try removing/deleting the account. It's likely that the Stanza certificate expired and hasn't been renewed yet. Or, it could be spam-related (I hadn't heard of Stanza before today).

Jan 22, 2024 2:28 PM in response to Dmkribs

In my case this is very likely tied to a calendar I'm subscribed to for hockey schedules. I'm guessing their certificate expired and they forgot to renew it. Check through your calendar subscriptions to see if you have anything related to stanza.co and you can unsubscribe to it if you want the message to go away immediately, or wait for them to figure it out.

Jan 22, 2024 6:00 PM in response to Dmkribs

UPDATE: jeffh29’s reply above 100% fixed the issue. You need to ‘Delete Account’ under ‘Subscribed Calendars’ for whatever sports calendar subscriptions you have. It is a certificate problem.

NOTE: you will need to delete the calendar accounts from ALL of your Apple devices or the pop up’s will continue on those devices. For me, the URL was stanza.**/api/schedules/michigan/m-footbl.ics. The posts would imply that multiple sports and teams were affected. All from stanza.co. Thank you jeffh29 for helping solve this annoying issue!

[Edited by Moderator]

Jan 22, 2024 7:51 PM in response to RSWFM

It is not in the “settings “… open your calendar app from your Home Screen. From there, look at the bottom of the page, in the middle of the screen, you will see “calendars”.

click in that and it will take you to any sport team you may be subscribed to. Just un-click the checkmark.

May least that’s where I found mine!

Jan 22, 2024 3:46 PM in response to Dmkribs

This started happening to me this afternoon too. At first I thought it may have been tied to an email account, and I deleted and re-added the account. But I recognized stanza.co is used for a few of the sports calendars I subscribe to. After reading through the replies here, I deleted those calendars, and the message has disappeared and hasn’t come back.

Jan 22, 2024 10:44 PM in response to Dmkribs

I have the same issue that started at work today. I don't have any random calendars. I updated all the apps, upgraded to the latest software update, and deleted some apps and an email I don't really use. Still get the same error message. I clicked on details to see what it says and it's all over my head tech-wise and doesn't really help me figure out what is causing it. Help!!

[Edited by Moderator]

Jan 23, 2024 8:20 AM in response to AtLastjh47

Thank you THANK YOU AtLastjh47. You were spot-on with where to go to correct this problem. You need to go into the calendar app from Home Screen. One additional note is that I use a different calendar app than the Apple calendar so if you have more than one calendar app, you need to go into those to remove (or just do it in the Apple calendar and it should replicate this deletion in the other app.). In my case, I use Fantastical and I'd get the error whenever I launched Fantastical. Removing the NFL calendar I had listed in there fixed the issue.

stanza.co - Cannot Verify Server Identity on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.