Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os stuck at preparing watchos 10.3 update

Phone and watch on charger

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 22, 2024 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2024 6:45 AM

Open Apple watch app on iPhone, tap General, scroll down to Storage, open. There should be a choice to delete the update.

20 replies

Jan 24, 2024 3:56 PM in response to Robert802

iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 17.3,  Watch 7. Tried restarting both, but no joy, twice: progress bar remained on "preparing" whether auto update was on or off. Both devices were being charged by an Ohlpro 3-in-1 Foldable MagSafe wireless charging station. Finally switched to the MagSafe Duo charger (larger footprint) and Bob is now my uncle.

Jan 31, 2024 7:28 AM in response to Robert802

I rebooted twice, not a solution. Here's the issue - there was a very short-lived notification popping up, asking for the apple watch to be unlocked (which it shouldn't as it is on the charger), so I took it off the charger for a second and entered the 4-digit code, then placed it back on charger, now the update is downloading normally.

Feb 1, 2024 10:56 AM in response to Robert802

Mine is iPhone 14 and Watch SE (2nd gen). It’s stuck on Apple Logo with the progress dial that encircles the logo. Watch App says the update was installed. I followed the things others have found successful but so far, nothing changes. Restarted the watch several times then both watch and phone. Both were charging and within inches of each other when the update was happening and I only noticed after putting on my watch this morning. I can’t even unpair it and repair to phone. Any other ideas?

os stuck at preparing watchos 10.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.