You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No magnifying glass in iMovie

Is anyone experiencing this issue?

my photos are being cropped and I would like to decrease on the size so that the whole pic displays when the movie plays. I am sure some time ago it was there but I can’t seem to find it anymore.

Posted on Jan 23, 2024 12:45 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2024 10:59 AM in response to TMax1010

I'm not as familiar with iMovie for iPhone. On my iPhone 14 Pro it appears that clips that are not 16:9 aspect ratio will be cropped to fit iMovie's 16:9 screen. I don't see any way to fix that. Selecting the clip in the timeline and using the pinch method on the preview screen to shrink the clip to display the whole clip, does not work. As soon as I remove my fingers, the clip springs back to its original crop.

I think that the only solution for the future may be to record the clip in 16:9 aspect ratio so that it fits the 16:9 screen, and then there will be no cropping. Or possibly you can use the Ken Burns feature to pan over the entire photo. Or maybe you can place the photo on a 16:9 black blackground (or photo), and then it would fit the 16:9 screen, although with black borders.

-- Rich

No magnifying glass in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.