📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropbox Transfer problems from Monterey to Sonoma using migration assistant

Hello,

I have a 2014 mac mini running Monterey and a new m2 mac mini running Sonoma.

I tried to transfer files including Dropbox from the old mac to the new mac using Migration Assistant but have run into problems.

Some of the files on the new mac in Dropbox have come out as 0 bytes and I cannot import them into Indesign or Illustrator.

It didn't transfer certain files over.

Also I have run out of space on the new Mac.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 1:12 AM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2024 10:52 AM in response to davidukmacuser

davidukmacuser wrote:

Hello,

I have a 2014 mac mini running Monterey and a new m2 mac mini running Sonoma.

I tried to transfer files including Dropbox from the old mac to the new mac using Migration Assistant but have run into problems.

Some of the files on the new mac in Dropbox have come out as 0 bytes and I cannot import them into Indesign or Illustrator.

It didn't transfer certain files over.

Also I have run out of space on the new Mac.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On a brand new Mac you have 90 days complimentary call in support— I

would take advantage of that option:

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Dropbox Transfer problems from Monterey to Sonoma using migration assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.