How can I change the order of podcasts in the Up Next queue?

Podcasts determines the order that individual episodes are added to my iPhone (ios 17.3) Podcasts queue. Is it possible to rearrange this order? Maybe I'm not in the mood to listen to the next show/episode and I want to drag the episodes around to customize the playlist order. Am I missing something? Maybe I need to return to Pocket Casts since this is a feature I use all the time.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 9:37 AM

I’ve been struggling with how my podcast order works with 17.2. I just stumbled on the queue order button, for a specific show, by chance.

1. I just set up three podcasts from my favorite sports show by playing Podcast 1.
  2. Then click Podcast 2, tap the three dots, and select Play Next.
  3. Did the same for Podcast 3 but selected Add to Queue.
  4. Now these three Podcasts will play in my selected order.
  5. If I want to change up that order, I have to go to Podcast 1’s play screen, the one with play, pause, volume, and show image. Along the bottom is a button with three bulleted lines. Click that, and it opens your Queue screen, where you can drag and drop the order for that specific show.

I have not found the answer to arranging the order for various podcasts/shows added to the queue. To me, Apple should have a screen displaying all the podcasts you’ve added to your queue. Intuitively this would be the Listen Now > Up Next screen, but that’s a no beuno.

Apple has been doing this 15+ years and still can’t get it right. It’s a head-scratcher for sure.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2024 9:37 AM in response to ralphthemoose

I’ve been struggling with how my podcast order works with 17.2. I just stumbled on the queue order button, for a specific show, by chance.

1. I just set up three podcasts from my favorite sports show by playing Podcast 1.
  2. Then click Podcast 2, tap the three dots, and select Play Next.
  3. Did the same for Podcast 3 but selected Add to Queue.
  4. Now these three Podcasts will play in my selected order.
  5. If I want to change up that order, I have to go to Podcast 1’s play screen, the one with play, pause, volume, and show image. Along the bottom is a button with three bulleted lines. Click that, and it opens your Queue screen, where you can drag and drop the order for that specific show.

I have not found the answer to arranging the order for various podcasts/shows added to the queue. To me, Apple should have a screen displaying all the podcasts you’ve added to your queue. Intuitively this would be the Listen Now > Up Next screen, but that’s a no beuno.

Apple has been doing this 15+ years and still can’t get it right. It’s a head-scratcher for sure.

How can I change the order of podcasts in the Up Next queue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.