How to remove favorites on the sidebar in MacOS email application.

Does anyone know how to remove the "favorite" sidebar in the MacOS email application. I have my yahoo account and gmail accounts on the sidebar as well but I don't use the favorite heading and would like to have it removed.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 3:19 AM

It can't be removed, but since as you already have, it can be twirled closed and put at the very bottom.

You can slightly resize the window in case just the mere sight of it bothers you, though, and it will be out of you sight permanently.

7 replies

Jun 8, 2024 9:07 AM in response to smtips

smtips wrote:

Well that answer isn't right. I didn't have a favorites on the left before and suddenly I do have it. And can't find a way to remove it. I only had a On My Mac on the left til today. Now I'm trying to figure out how to remove Favorites because I don't want it, don't need it and it's a nuisance to have it there.

You always had it, maybe the window was not tall enough and it was out of view.

Again, you can close it down, but as far as I can tell there is no way to completely omit the word Favorites.

Perhaps you can resize the window so that Favorite becomes just outside the viewable area.

How to remove favorites on the sidebar in MacOS email application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.