Guys why can't I see this option on my Music app on Mac,

I'm trying to use Serato, but I can't find this option on my Music app

share itunes library xml with other applications

Posted on Jan 30, 2024 4:18 AM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2024 4:33 AM in response to Alas27

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for:

1. Open the Music app and select a playlist from the Playlists section of the sidebar.
  2. Click File > Library > Export Playlist from the menu bar.
  3. Choose a location, optionally rename your playlist, and change the file type if necessary. You can export your list as plain text, Unicode text, XML, M3U, or M3U8 file, depending on what you plan to do with it.
  4. Click Save.

Jim

May 13, 2024 12:14 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim, I'm not the OP, but this solution hasn't worked for me. I am using Recordbox instead of Serato, but the process should be exactly the same. I did this before last year with no problem, this came with a recent update.

I have exported the playlist "Library.xml" and made sure this is the file Recordbox will pull from. RB can recognize that there are songs in the library, but when I click them, they will say, "file cannot be found."

I did a bit of digging. I think the problem might stem from an older setting. There used to be a checkbox "Share iTunes library with other applications," but that is also gone now. Do you know how I may be able to enable this on the newer versions?

Some other details:

If you look at the photos, you'll see I've set the iTunes and Rekordbox folders from the .XML file. Using the .XML file, I can open the songs from the files inside of RB library but I have to open each folder individually. I should just be able to too load the entire library at once (it makes finding songs MUCH faster).

This is to say, there is an example of the .XML working when routed directly to RB but it can't it if I do it through iTunes (hence, why I think it's a permission problem).

Photo 1: Where RB is sources the Library.xml file

Photo 2: RB knows the songs but if i double the click the songs "load error, file cannon be found" shows up.

Photo 3: RB can load from the files directly, but I have to open a crazy amount of folders just to get to one song

Photo 4: iTunes before the update that got rid of "Share library file"

Photo 5: iTunes after getting rid of the Share library option

Thank you, brother!

share itunes library xml with other applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.