Iphone 15 pro max, keeps restarting it self.

Phone keeps blinking with the apple LOGO.

I can not soft reset it nor can I connect it to my mac. what to do?

It worked fine last night, this morning it was just in this mode.

The phone is 2 days old and runs on the latest IOS17.3

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 12:04 AM

5 replies

Feb 3, 2024 12:42 AM in response to ulrik-obel

Here are some common solutions you can attempt:

1. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  2. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly
  3. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)
  5. You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
    1. You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
    2. The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
    3. Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
    4. You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
    5. Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.
    6. Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:
  6. Please follow the steps in the following Apple Video for support with this issue:

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Feb 25, 2024 8:13 AM in response to ulrik-obel

you are lucky with agent, our agent re install software .. and of the third time this happen to me and I am spending time to do as what the agent doing better no not wast my time to drive there..

I am not sure if anybody from customer service reading my feedback.. the has to know what is going on behind the company through local agent .. @custumerservices #apple

Feb 3, 2024 12:45 AM in response to ulrik-obel

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Mar 20, 2024 7:56 PM in response to Abdul6677

Don't bother testing all of the above steps if you have a 15 Pro. My phone had this issues once or twice in the 2 months since I got it new. Then, last week it did it 2x a day. Took it in to store and they replaced some hardware just like another post had mentioned. Totally annoying. Store needs to have part and it will take at least an hour, then more time to re-activate phone with cellular provider.

Iphone 15 pro max, keeps restarting it self.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.