You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with restoring original iPad background

Hi,

I have this old iPad mini4 iOS 13, which cannot update (Apple has verified) and I wanted to restore my original lock screen, which used to be a wolf sleeping on a stone (have any of you had the same; it is linked below). I changed it a while ago, but I regret it, and want to change. Any ideas?

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 13

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 8:18 AM

4 replies

Feb 6, 2024 8:48 AM in response to Miss_iPad13

If you have the original image, you can set the lock screen wallpaper as required.

Change the wallpaper on iPad - Apple Support

Without the original image, you'll not be able to recover the wallpaper image that was previously replaced. Perhaps you will have a copy of the original image in your iPad's photo library?

Should you be unable to find the original image, you can use the screenshot that you have provided here - although this may be unsuitable as you will need to edit the image (perhaps using Photoshop or other image editing software) to remove the unwanted time and date information.

Feb 6, 2024 9:00 AM in response to Miss_iPad13

If you still have that picture in your camera roll, use these instructions to change the wallpaper:--> Change the wallpaper on iPad , using iPadOS13. If you don't, there's no way to retrieve it.

Sorry, I'm curious: If you're sure that your iPad Mini is a 4th generation model, why shouldn't you be able to update your device that supports a much more recent iPadOS version (now 15.8.1)? What's stopping you?

Regards

Giulio

Help with restoring original iPad background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.