You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri is not working on MacBook Pro 2020 M1 macOs 14.1.1

Mac and Siri doesn't hear "Hey Siri" or "Siri"

But even if I start Siri by pressing button on touch bar it can't hear any words, the Siri icon Is not moving, after several seconds it just closes. I checked my mic, it's fine, I resynced my Icloud, I checked my screentime it's fine too. I thought about deleting .plist files but not sure which one I really should delete, any help please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 2:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 3:58 PM

rushancool wrote:

But even if I start Siri by pressing button on touch bar it can't hear any words, the Siri icon Is not moving, after several seconds it just closes. I checked my mic, it's fine, I resynced my Icloud, I checked my screentime it's fine too. I thought about deleting .plist files but not sure which one I really should delete, any help please?

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.3 —step one, I would start there and compare your results.

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2024 3:58 PM in response to rushancool

rushancool wrote:

The current stable release of Sonoma including bug fixes, security updates is macOS 14.3 —step one, I would start there and compare your results.

Feb 7, 2024 4:34 PM in response to rushancool

Here are some steps you can follow to address this problem:

Fixing Siri Issues on MacBook Pro M1:

1. Check Microphone Settings:

- Ensure that your microphone is correctly set up and working. Go to System Preferences > Sound > Input, and test the microphone to see if it's picking up sound properly.

2. Reset Siri Configuration:

- Go to System Preferences > Siri and turn off Siri for a few seconds. Then, turn Siri back on and try invoking it using voice commands again.

3. Check Siri Preferences:

- Review Siri preferences in System Preferences. Make sure the correct language is selected and that the microphone input is set to the intended device.

4. Restart Your MacBook:

- A simple restart can sometimes resolve system glitches. Restart your MacBook Pro and try using Siri again to see if the issue persists.

5. Reset macOS Settings for Siri:

- Go to System Preferences > Siri and disable Siri completely. Then, re-enable Siri and reconfigure your settings. This can sometimes address underlying configuration issues.

6. Delete Siri Preferences:

- If the problem persists, you can try resetting Siri preferences by deleting the

com.apple.Siri.plist

file. Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences and delete this file. Then, reboot your MacBook and check if Siri functions properly.

7. Update macOS:

- Ensure your MacBook Pro is running the latest macOS updates. Updating to the latest version can often bring bug fixes and improvements that may resolve Siri issues.

8. Contact Apple Support:

- If the problem persists after trying these steps, consider reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more specific guidance based on your MacBook Pro model and macOS version.

Regards

Siri is not working on MacBook Pro 2020 M1 macOs 14.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.