Meross Smart Outdoor Plug "No Response" in HomeKit but Meross app works just fine

So I have two of these in operation. One is responsive in the HomeKit app but the other isn't. I've reset it a dozen times (and actually bought a new one because I thought the old one faulty). It's weird that one works with HomeKit (set up some time ago) but a new reset one doesn't. I've had to resort to setting this second one up and managing it via the Meross app and it is responsive via that app. Obviously I would prefer to have everything managed from one app, HomeKit. Ideas?

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 4:42 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 13, 2024 2:59 PM in response to Steve Kale

Most frustrating thing when simple things don’t work. I have solve this same problem. Hope this procedure works for you.

1. turn device on using the Meross app.
  2. on Meross, delete the device from the app, in my case, it was the Wi-Fi light strip.
  3. on HomeKit, delete the same device that shows “no response”
  4. on your iPhone or iPad, change the wifi SSID to the same network that is where the HomeKit controller is, mine is hardwired to ethernet, so ensure the wifi ssid is in the same subnet. Eg. If your HomeKit controller has the ip of 192.168.1.10, connect your iPhone/iPad to the same subnet, ie. 192.168.1.x.
  5. goto the Meross controller and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, my light strip will then turn off and then flash three times, this confirmed the device has been set to factory condition.
  6. goto HomeKit, add the device by clicking the + and use the camera to capture the QR code. Homekit will set up the device, this will take awhile, a minute or 90 seconds.
  7. when the Homekit app came back to ask you for other Homekit config parameters, you are there!
  8. it will all work after that.
  9. do not re-did them to the Meross app!
  10. I have 4 Meross units showing the ‘no response” on Homekit, by using the procedure above. They are all working now.
  11. your mileage might vary…

Hope this helps,

e

Meross Smart Outdoor Plug "No Response" in HomeKit but Meross app works just fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.