Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air calculator widget

Am I wrong or did there used to be a calculator widget? If its there somewhere someone let me know. If there is not one, Apple get it together and add one, really.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2024 8:45 PM

Not that I recall. But, you can use the Spotlight search bar. Bring it up by pressing command-space bar and then type in your expression.

If you need more than that, command-space and than type in "calc" and it should bring up "Calculator" and you can launch the application.

5 replies

Feb 8, 2024 6:33 AM in response to bobbychomes

bobbychomes wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yes that works but not as quick access to it for quick calculations for my work —I end up using my phone for quick math instead. The widget would be a couple mouse clicks instead of going to the keyboard to type. Here’s hoping…

Another option is to pin your Calculator app to your Mac's dock. Then it's only 1 click away. (The app should be located in your Applications folder).

Feb 8, 2024 6:41 AM in response to bobbychomes

bobbychomes wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Yes that works but not as quick access to it for quick calculations for my work —I end up using my phone for quick math instead. The widget would be a couple mouse clicks instead of going to the keyboard to type. Here’s hoping…

Ah, I find not having to remove my fingers from the keyboard faster than using the mouse.

You should let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

MacBook Air calculator widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.