Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Instagram stories aren't showing since update on my iPhone

I don't see the stories on my instagram since I did the 317.0.4 update. Is there a way I can downgrade my instagram app version?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2024 3:54 PM

same - it's driving me crazy, I have a brand new iPhone, the software is up to date, the app is up to date, and I've deleted the app reinstalled logged in and out - I've done everything and support hasn't got back to me in 2 weeks

17 replies

Feb 15, 2024 7:31 PM in response to carolanne1902

Me too!

They show fine on my 4 business accounts and my cat's account, but not my personal account.

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max and based on recommendations online - I’ve updated my phone to the newest version, updated the app to the newest version, wifi connection is fine, tried doing a hard restart, logging out of Instagram and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the app's cache… nothing has worked.

Feb 15, 2024 7:43 PM in response to ALeigh_85

I too, have done all of those things and nothing is working. I’ve reported to Insta many times and nothing. Also- when I delete an acct that I follow it says I’m no longer following, but the number of accts I follow doesn’t change. I see other updates have happened since my problems began, but nothing is helping. I’m getting so annoyed!!!

Mar 3, 2024 8:24 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Same issue here. Hasn’t been fixed. I report it on instagram every time I open the app.

Stories don’t show up on iOS. Started happening mid-February when I got a new iPhone 14 Max.

Stories do not show up on iPhone or iPad instagram but do show up on chrome desktop. So it’s gotta be an iOS issue and not a IG or account issue.

Originally I had an issue where link in bio’s weren’t showing up. So I deleted and re-installed IG. Now links show up in bios but stories have disappeared from every iOS device and they haven’t come back.

I’ll occasionally getting a notification with the summary of recent stories and I can view stories briefly. But they don’t show up at the top of the feed anymore.

Instagram stories aren't showing since update on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.