Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access and use Apple Cash balance in iPhone Apple Card wallet

I have a small amount of Apple Cash balance ($23). I want probably to just apply it regularly to my Apple Card balance due. All the suggestions via web and support basically ask you to click on the card in wallet and then use the black round “PAY” button that should appear next to the balance. But no PAY button shows when I do this. So it seems I need to do something else to set it to appear but not sure what. Right I have the card balance set up to automatically deduct from my bank account when due so no problem there. But accessing Apple Cash either to apply to card balance or use somewhere else remains a mystery. Any help most appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 11, 2024 11:23 AM

8 replies

Feb 11, 2024 12:01 PM in response to JOE MARRONE

Ok. I'm with you!

I use Pay a LOT!

So... Besides transferring the cash to your linked bank account, you can:

1. Use the cash at some stores (not all accept the "cash" part. It's important to note that wally world doesn't accept any Apple, Samsung, or google payments cash or card)
  2. Send money to your wife, Family, or Friends via text. My wife and I send cash back and forth this way when I need her to pick up something for me or if she needs me to pick something up for her.

My wife knows better than me, the places that accept the "Cash". I'm thinking Wal-Greens is one.

I guess I use the cards within my wallet more than I do the cash 😂

Feb 11, 2024 11:30 AM in response to JOE MARRONE

I'm not certain exactly what your payment options are for your Apple card, but it seems like it can't be taken from your Apple cash. So... Transfer the cash to your linked bank first. There is no fee to do that if you choose a regular transfer speed. There will be a charge if you need it to be transferred quickly.

Hopefully this will help you out 😉

Feb 11, 2024 1:25 PM in response to JOE MARRONE

To use your Apple Cash balance to pay your Apple Card, follow these steps. If the "PAY" button does not appear, this may be due to a configuration problem or a necessary update of your iOS device.

1. Check your iOS version: Make sure your iPhone is up to date with the latest version of iOS. Updates often contain fixes for problems with the Wallet app and Apple Pay.

2. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart of your device can resolve display or functionality issues in apps.

3. Check your Apple Cash configuration: Open the Wallet application, touch your Apple Cash card, then the "i" icon to check that Apple Cash is activated and configured correctly.

4. Activate Apple Cash for Apple Card payments:

- Open the Wallet application and select your Apple Card.

- Tap the "..." or "More" button in the top right-hand corner.

- Look for an option to "Pay my balance with Apple Cash" or similar. If available, activate this feature.

5. Contact Apple support:If, after these checks, the "PAY" button still doesn't appear, there may be a problem specific to your account or device. Contact Apple Support directly for assistance. They can provide specific instructions or resolve problems related to your Apple Cash and Apple Card account.

How to access and use Apple Cash balance in iPhone Apple Card wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.