Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Screen Replacement

I have just had my iPhone 12 Pro screen replaced via my Bank insurance and they have assured me 100% that its a genuine apple part and its also water resistant as standard.

The issue is that apple sync the serial numbers of there parts to the phone and only apple can do this as no other 3rd party's have the means to do so.

I have googled for hours / days and spoke to the insurance company a lot.

I have found out that the serial number is kept on a small chip within the screen called the IC chip.

Now I know I cant change the IC chip and I know I cant sync the serial numbers and its something apple will not do but will I now always have this on my settings app (First Image)

Is there also any way to remove this "Red 1 Notice"

Its also shown in this image which is annoying me.

I know that it will always show in the settings in the "About" section as in this image below and this does not bother me as it will show all changes on the phone.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2024 10:47 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2024 11:45 AM in response to Trophy376

The Red ! will eventually go away. The notification in the phone it does NOT have authentic Apple screen installed will never go away. You likely will not be able to trade the iPhone with Apple and Apple won't touch the phone since it has been tampered with. You'll have to disclose to a potential buyer if you choose to sell the phone yourself one day.

iPhone 12 Screen Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.