Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of iCloud for Windows 11 (23H2), the program is telling me I need the "Media Feature Pack" to continue, despite this being enabled in my settings and not using an N version of Windows. Photo syncing is constantly getting stuck at a specific number and I cannot upload photos to iCloud on my computer. I did not have this issue with the previous version of iCloud. I have tried disabling and re-enabling photo syncing and uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud, neither of which worked. iCloud Drive is not affected. How do I fix this issue?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2024 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2024 8:14 AM

I don't want to sound mean but I'm not going to trust a random link on a random non-official website that isn't from Apple or Microsoft.

Similar questions

16 replies

Apr 22, 2024 12:23 AM in response to PikaSka

The "Media Feature Pack" for Windows N-versions is so old, I cannot even install it on my Windows 10 (nor 11) versions!

Probably because my Windows version is "Home" (10)/"Professional" (11) both without the "N" and the "Media Feature Pack" was not meant to be installed on those Windows versions...

I have the "Earlier version of Windows Media Player (app)" installed, tough.

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3145500 (search for "functions" in the Windows-search-menu)

So, how is Apple thinking to fix this annoying error message?

iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.