Error code DF: 20 XX: Temporary error. Please try again later.

After the iOS 17.3 update I am getting this prompt whenever someone calls me on my sim. I use Airtel sim. This doesn’t happens when I call someone, happens only when other person calls me. This has become a headache. I’ve also updated to the latest 17.3.1 but the problem stays kindly help

Posted on Feb 15, 2024 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2024 2:39 AM

Error code DF: 20 XX: Temporary error. Please try again later

12 replies

Feb 25, 2024 11:41 PM in response to swap_

The "Error code DF: 20 XX: Temporary error. Please try again later." message typically indicates a temporary issue with the network or SIM card. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this problem:

1. **Restart your iPhone**: Begin by restarting your iPhone to see if the issue resolves itself. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix temporary glitches.

2. **Check SIM card**: Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly and is not damaged. Try removing the SIM card, cleaning it gently, and reinserting it into your iPhone.

3. **Check for Carrier Settings Update**: Go to Settings > General > About. If there's a carrier settings update available, you'll be prompted to install it. Sometimes, updating carrier settings can resolve network-related issues.

4. **Reset Network Settings**: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN settings. Note that you'll need to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords after doing this.

5. **Contact Your Carrier**: If the issue persists, contact your carrier's customer support. They can check if there are any network issues in your area or if there's a specific problem with your account or SIM card.

6. **Update iOS**: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for and install any available updates.

7. **Check Do Not Disturb and Call Blocking Settings**: Make sure you haven't accidentally enabled Do Not Disturb or blocked calls from certain numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification to check if any numbers are blocked.

8. **Factory Reset**: If none of the above steps work, you can try performing a factory reset on your iPhone. Before doing this, make sure to back up your data as this will erase all content and settings on your device.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's possible that there may be a more complex issue with your iPhone or your carrier's network. In that case, contacting Apple Support or your carrier's customer support for further assistance would be advisable.

Error code DF: 20 XX: Temporary error. Please try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.