Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Since the most recent Vision Pro update, I can't connect my MacBook to the Vision Pro

Has anyone else noticed that since the most recent Vision Pro update, I can't connect my MacBook to the Vision Pro? This worked flawlessly prior to the update, so it's not something stupid like I don't have my wifi turned on...

And yes, I have restarted everything, wifi is on (same wifi), bluetooth is on, all other settings are the way they used to be. Again, this worked until the last Vision Pro update.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 3:16 PM

8 replies

Feb 17, 2024 1:59 PM in response to Vancouver22

I have tried all of the things you mentioned. I had a call with Apple Support yesterday, and they were unable to resolve the problem. Apparently there have been some (but not a ton) of other people having the same problem. Apple is working on it. The one fix that seems to consistently work is to completely reset the AVP to factory default. That's kind of a pain, especially if it will need to be done from time to time. The Apple Support person is going to touch base with me on Monday to see if there have been any other solutions found over the weekend.

Feb 19, 2024 10:42 AM in response to NerdySteven

I had the same problem. Support call could not resolve and they were doing more research.

I ended up finding that if by going to the MacBook or Mac mini and selecting the control panel from the menu bar and then mirror the Mac screen, I got an option to mirror to the Vision Pro.

After doing that it works fine from the Mac or VP.

Feb 20, 2024 9:56 AM in response to mjbarak

I hope this is not a silly reply. Are you trying to connect only by looking at the MacBook? Or are you also trying to go through the Control Center? I found that if I try to connect by looking at my MacBook Air, the "Connect" display only sporadically appeared. Turns out that if you're not in a well-lit area, it won't appear. But Control Center always works for me.

Feb 20, 2024 1:33 PM in response to Sherman Wilcox

Thanks Sherman. As much as that does sound like something I would do, I did try all three ways of getting the virtual screen up there. None of the three worked. I didn't use the headset all weekend as I was having an issue with my contact lenses. Then yesterday it was working just fine as if there had never been a problem in the first place - all three methods. There hasn't been an update, so I don't know what made it start working again. Apple doesn't know either.

Since the most recent Vision Pro update, I can't connect my MacBook to the Vision Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.