Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 Pro Max battery health dropping rapidly

I normally don’t baby my battery. I use wireless charging most of the time and put it on charging as long as I am at home. It was similar to how I treated my previous iPhone 13PM, 12PM and 11PM. None of them got to as bad as my 15PM. The only change was that I switched from Belkin 3 in 1 MagSafe charging stand to ESR 3 in 1 MagSafe charger.

15PM. Purchased at about 29 Sep 2023.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 5:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2024 5:20 PM in response to mitchytan92

An iPhone will lost 1% to 2% per month, or 1% for every 25 full charge cycles. So yours is slightly ahead of the 1%. Just watch it and if it reaches 80% within the warranty period have Apple replace the battery.

While your charging pattern is not optimal, it probably is not related to the issue. The best practice is to charge the phone overnight, every night, and only charge during the day if it falls below 20%.

iPhone 15 Pro Max battery health dropping rapidly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.