You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV turns itself on OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVE....

The apple TV has been connected to my TV LG C6 for years, recently, in the past month I installed an LG Soundbar.

However, last night a new thing started happening, which is the Apple TV and with it the TV and Soundbar keep turning on. repeatedly over and over and over and over again.

The Soundbar is plugged into ARC (input 2), and the Apple TV is on input 1 (non ARC)

This is sincerely the worst Apple UX I've ever experienced.

When I turn my tv off, I expect it to stay off.

I know that in researching the issues, people are suggesting making changes in the TV, something about turning off CEC, and another about turning off Mobile, but I want to be clear, the TV is accepting a command to turn on, that the Apple TV is making. This is an Apple TV issue. Some of those solutions would solve the symptoms, but would not solve the problem, which is that my Apple TV is getting some command to turn on (the Apple TV was turned off with the remote), and with it, the TV is turning on as well.

When I unplug the Apple TV's HDMI cord from the TV, the issue stops.

At this point I'm envisioning an Office Space-like destruction scenario for this Apple TV...

Help me not have to go Office Space on this Apple TV

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 5:15 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple TV turns itself on OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVE....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.