Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

No Service after iOS 17.3.1 Update

Hello Guys,

Yesterday, I updated my iPhone's software to version 17.3.1, and suddenly, I lost all my SIM/Carrier signals. I've tried every possible solution available on the internet a couple of times, but nothing has changed.

To give you a clear picture and get a precise answer, let me tell you what I've done so far, so you can help identify what I might have missed.

1. Turned On & Off Airplane Mode.
  2. Removed the SIM card, cleaned it, and reinserted it.
  3. Turned On & Off Do Not Disturb Mode.
  4. Reset Network Settings.
  5. Changed the SIM, but it also did not work.
  6. Tapped & Smacked the phone a little.

I appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can provide.

Thank you!

Posted on Feb 23, 2024 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 10:04 AM

17.3.1 is horrible!!! My iPhone 11pro was working just fine before. No service afterwards and now it is slow, notes app even worse which I need daily. Cropping and adding the filter to scanned pages is much more complicated than before. I’m so annoyed with this update I’m willing to go to the dark side and try an android.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2024 10:04 AM in response to TalhaMuaaz

17.3.1 is horrible!!! My iPhone 11pro was working just fine before. No service afterwards and now it is slow, notes app even worse which I need daily. Cropping and adding the filter to scanned pages is much more complicated than before. I’m so annoyed with this update I’m willing to go to the dark side and try an android.

Feb 26, 2024 7:52 PM in response to TalhaMuaaz

Mine as well.i dont know if only selected iphone units are affected with this.im using 15PM and my wife uses 14PM.i tried inserting a SIM from a different carrier and its says no service or sometimes it has signal bars but only gray in color.i tried the same SIM withy wifes 15PM and its working fine…we both running at 17.3.1. Any idea if its only because of a bug at the IOS version installed and hopefully it will be fixed on the next update??.thank you

Mar 4, 2024 3:30 AM in response to TalhaMuaaz

Same here! I updated to 17.3.1 last week and since then my cellular data keeps cutting, and I can’t make calls without them dropping. Internet and data continues to cut.

I’ve tried everything above. Reset settings, new SIM card, airplane mode, call forwarding turned off. Nothing works, this is horrible and I can barely use my phone anymore. My iPhone 11 Pro was working just fine before this update.

apple needs to release a new update asap to fix these issues because I don’t know how to go back and revert to before.

Apr 10, 2024 3:51 AM in response to TalhaMuaaz

i believe the latest iOS releases are blocking certain frequencies and network IDs being exchanged with your cellular service provider. That is why, iPhone keeps searching for cellular service.

I fixed this issue by getting the latest physical SIM from my cellular service provider and inserting it in my iPhone. If your iPhone supports eSIM, delete it and revert back to latest physical SIM.

hope this helps!

No Service after iOS 17.3.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.