Ghost Wiggling minus sign

I’ve got this weird “ghost” wiggling minus sign floating above my phone icon. When I tap it, it just opens the phone app. But it wiggles around like it does when you hold a blank space on the screen to adjust your icon positions or remove apps. This is not that. Anyone got any ideas? Attached is a photo. Thank you.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 24, 2024 9:17 AM

7 replies

Feb 24, 2024 9:26 AM in response to BryanDunn

Just curious, what happens if you move the Phone app next to the Safari app? Does the minus sign get behind the Music app at that point?

——-

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Feb 25, 2024 8:50 AM in response to BryanDunn

Did you Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Ghost Wiggling minus sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.