You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LE Audio for iPhone 15 Pro Max

LE Audio is a new standard, essentially an improved form of Bluetooth that provides better quality sound and significantly improves iPhone battery life. The specifications were published in 2022 I believe by the Bluetooth SIG.

This new protocol applies to hearing aids (some of which support LE Audio also), ear pods and headphones and other devices all of which will benefit from this new protocol.

Does Apple intend to support this new feature any time soon? Auracast is also a feature that uses LE Audio and is rolling out slowly. This allows users to listen to muted TV sets through their hearing aids in airports and sports bars. Also to speakers in auditoriums.

Is this something that Apple will be introducing to their product line? My hearing aids support both of these feature already.

Posted on Feb 27, 2024 7:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 10:15 AM

Although I’m sure most of the recent Apple hardware is compatible with the recent advances in Bluetooth standards, the software support and particularly the availability of Auracast is significantly being the curve.

Auracast is already available in hearing aids, ear buds, phones, TVs and coming to more devices at pace, so unless Apple plan to roll this out in the next iOS, they are going to be significantly behind the curve. Once Auracast gets awareness and traction by the public in general this will be an expected feature not an option, and Apple will begin to lose market share unless they join the party.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2024 10:15 AM in response to pughimag2

Although I’m sure most of the recent Apple hardware is compatible with the recent advances in Bluetooth standards, the software support and particularly the availability of Auracast is significantly being the curve.

Auracast is already available in hearing aids, ear buds, phones, TVs and coming to more devices at pace, so unless Apple plan to roll this out in the next iOS, they are going to be significantly behind the curve. Once Auracast gets awareness and traction by the public in general this will be an expected feature not an option, and Apple will begin to lose market share unless they join the party.

Jul 18, 2024 2:38 AM in response to Technicality

It's a shame that Apple offers its devices at such a high price and then Apple users wait years for features that Google has long since implemented. I have an Oticon Intent hearing aid that supports Audio LE, but my iPhone does not. As a result, the Bluetooth connection is so bad that I can neither listen to music nor make hands-free calls, despite the Mfi. Should I buy a Google Pixel now?

Jul 18, 2024 7:01 AM in response to MaisOuMenos

I have an iPhone 12 pro and it can't do Audio LE. I went to an Apple store in Munich today and tried the iPhone 15 and 15 pro with my Audio LE compatible hearing aid and it didn't work. Since having hearing aids, I have tried 5 different models from 3 different manufacturers and they all have problems with the iPhone and Bluetooth. And what do the employees say? This is a very special case, we can't help you. What does Apple support say? Keep resetting your iPhone until it eventually works. It's just frustrating for people with hearing loss who think they're in good hands with Apple.

LE Audio for iPhone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.