You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare+ student offer 20% off confusion

Hey

I bought a MacBook Pro in Australia under their present offer

Back to Uni - Student Discounts - Education - Apple (AU)

Due to some consumer regulations, we cannot get the extended Applecare+ until after the 7-day free trial.

I waited for the trial to end but there is no way to buy it automatically and no links to get it.

I call Apple helpine but get put through to tech support, who tries his best to help. Eventually, after 30 minutes of trying different avenues, he gave up and gives me the sales number to try through them.

I called this number, and once again, I got put through to different people because the lady I was speaking to could not seem to help me. She said she couldn't find a way to do it and finally passed me on to a senior call rep.

This lady told me I couldn't get the 20% off discount unless I went into an actual store. I pointed out, as per the terms and conditions, that I could get it either in a store or on the Apple Store for Education, as quoted below.

"AppleCare+ is only available: (i) in an Apple Store for 60 days following eligible product purchase; and (ii) on the Apple Store for Education."

She continued to say the Apple Store for Education was a store and pointed out the nearest was Doncaster, Melbourne, which is 5 hours from me. I told her this was not the Apple Store for Education as this was a website. Note (i) IN an Apple Store or (ii) ON the Apple Store for Education. There is no Apple Store for Education. It is a webpage. She was insistent that I could only get this from a store because they needed to verify my student status....then went on to say she could offer me the standard 10% discount on the phone!!!!!!

After going around in circles, pointing her to the actual webpage, she just said she couldn't do it and refused to acknowledge the Terms and Conditions. I asked to speak with someone higher, but she said there wasn't anyone.

Can someone please tell me if this looks correct, and if so, why have I now spent over an hour with zero progress? Am I missing something, and if not, who can I complain to?

Here is the link and the fine print in section 2 of the Terms and Conditions

Back to Uni - Student Discounts - Education - Apple (AU)

Thanks to anyone who can help

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Feb 27, 2024 11:54 PM

There are no replies.

Applecare+ student offer 20% off confusion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.