Unable to remove mail or internet accounts on Mac

whenever I try to delete an internet account, mail account I get a mwssage;m "These settings have been configured by a profile". What's up???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 28, 2024 2:47 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2024 1:09 AM in response to atb67

I’ll tel you what’s up - lack of information from you. More if it would be nice. For example: what device(s) are we talking about, phone, tablet, computer, all? Is it your device? Was it purchased by you new from a reputable source? Is this a new problem? Is any of this related to macOS Server?

There will probably be more questions but these will do to begin with.

Mar 11, 2024 3:28 PM in response to Antonio Rocco

Mail accounts in Apple's system preferences appear only to be used for apple mail. 3rd party mail accounts such as outlook you must use Microsoft outlook apps to access your mail. This appears to be effective for iMac's & iPhones in 2024. Use the appropriate app as found in apples App Store.

As told to me by Apple Support & Microsoft support

Mar 12, 2024 1:46 PM in response to atb67

I can add email accounts for Exchange Server using the Internet Accounts preferences pane in System Preferences with no issues. I can also do the same in the Mail App again for Exchange Server. I've also used the Outlook app to add email accounts from different email providers with no problems, furthermore I can do the same thing with the Mail app. Perhaps there's something else going on?

Unable to remove mail or internet accounts on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.