Password PDF on iPhone

I have a PDF file sent to me to sign along with the password. Once opened and signed and click done the password is invalid. I searched for help and it was submitted that I need a 3rd party app. How can I get my PDF to a third party when iPhone has already saved it and once opened, I’m back at the beginning?? I’m not the only one! A lot of us are struggling with a similar situation. Why is there no fix with Apple? You’re passing this problem onto us

Posted on Feb 29, 2024 6:27 PM

Similar questions

10 replies

Feb 29, 2024 6:33 PM in response to Kimncath

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. It sounds like someone has sent you some type of password protected pdf file and you need a 3rd party app to access it. Am I correct? Did the person/company that sent you this file explain the steps for you to access the file?

Feb 29, 2024 6:58 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I opened it on my iPhone. There’s no place to remove or edit the password and it locks us out. I searched for help and saw others with the same issue and the answer was to use a 3rd party app. I just tried one and it completely removed all the information that was entered so that wasn’t much help. My only resource now is to print it to sign and email it back. So much for progress. 🤦‍♀️

Mar 1, 2024 7:42 AM in response to Kimncath

Kimncath wrote:

👍 that’s the best advice. Could have saved hours of my life, lol. Appreciate you taking the time to advise. Just thought I was missing something… and I’m missing a lot, not knowing what program was used and locking me out

The signing-related entities are also reportedly ingesting those same signed documents for profit purposes, training data, and probably otherwise. One I’ve dealt with got breached and leaked my (and lots of others’) data. Accordingly, I consider them all somewhat risky to use, any discussions of problematic PDF extensions aside.

Password PDF on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.