📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

How to know my iPhone origin country?

Model SX/A Please tell me which country it is🙏🏻

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 7:25 AM

Model A3102 MTV03SX/A written like this, but for which country was it released? Not X/A

33 replies

Mar 1, 2024 7:10 AM in response to huseyn020

In Settings > General > About > Model Number, tap the number listed and you'll see something like A2849.

Once you have that, check this link and you can find for what market the phone was manufactured --> Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

I'm pretty sure you'll learn your iPhone was manufactured for the Australia/New Zealand markets.

Please come back and post the model number after you tap where I asked you to tap.

Mar 1, 2024 7:15 AM in response to lobsterghost1

For the iPhone 15 Pro, that article says:

Model numbers: A2848 (United States, Puerto Rico), A3101 (Canada, Guam, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and U.S. Virgin Islands), A3104 (China mainland, Hong Kong, Macao), A3102 (other countries and regions)

A source which lumps ~200 countries into one category isn't specific enough to tell which one it came from.

(251162)

Mar 1, 2024 7:13 AM in response to Niel

Help me understand why what I posted isn't specific enough? If the Author taps the model number in their About page in Settings, it will give the model number, which could easily then be found in the link I posted.

As an example. When I go to Settings > General > About and look at the model number of my iPhone it is listed as MU6E3LL/A. When I tap on that number it is then displayed as: A2849. Using the link I provided, it is easy to find that model number, which will say what market it was manufactured for.

Mar 1, 2024 7:20 AM in response to Niel

Niel wrote:

For the iPhone 15 Pro, that article says:

Model numbers: A2848 (United States, Puerto Rico), A3101 (Canada, Guam, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and U.S. Virgin Islands), A3104 (China mainland, Hong Kong, Macao), A3102 (other countries and regions)

A source which lumps ~200 countries into one category isn't specific enough to tell which one it came from.

(251162)

Thanks and that makes sense. The reason I suggested X/A could be for Australia/NewZealand was based on a google search, which seemed to keep leading to that region, including forum threads which suggest the same. But I can't confirm it is for that region.

How would you suggest the Author find the exact region of their model?

Mar 1, 2024 7:25 AM in response to huseyn020

Well, as Niel correctly points out, the Support Article I provided only tells you that the phone was made for other regions, which means any other region not specifically listed.

From the link is the following:

Model numbers: A2848 (United States, Puerto Rico), A3101 (Canada, Guam, Japan, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and U.S. Virgin Islands), A3104 (China mainland, Hong Kong, Macao), A3102 (other countries and regions)

This means the phone was manufactured and would likely be the same iPhone model which is sold anywhere other than the models listed for the countries which are specifically defined.

Mar 1, 2024 7:32 AM in response to huseyn020

huseyn020 wrote:

Model A3102 MTV03SX/A written like this, but for which country was it released? Not X/A

I'm sorry, but there is no way for me to be able to tell you exactly what country it may have been released in. There would be no material difference in the phone, from virtually any country where model A3102 is sold, so it could be sold in many countries. Why does it make a difference to you?

Mar 1, 2024 9:12 AM in response to huseyn020

It honestly should NOT matter as far as using the phone. It can and usually does matter for warranty.

For example, let's say the phone was purchased in Taiwan, but you live in London. The phones warranty will be valid in Taiwan, not the UK.

What aren't you telling us about this phone? Are you the original buyer? Where or from whom did you buy the phone?

How to know my iPhone origin country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.