You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sporadic Zoom In on iMac and iPad

Over the past 5 months or so the screens on both my iMac(Intel v.14.3.1) and iPad(v.17.3.1) suddenly, sporadically, and randomly ZOOM IN to larger than 200%. This happens many times a day - has happened more than 6 times already while composing this question. But it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the apps I use because it happens while using my Apple apps, and non-Apple apps such as Gmail and 3rd party.

This is extremely annoying as the only thing I can do is a manual reset of the screen view to 100%, which is even more annoying as I even have to log out of some apps occasionally in order to be able to do the reset.

I initially thought it might have something to do with my Apple Magic Mouse, because it will sometimes happen when I move the mouse. But I've discovered that switching to my backup mouse makes no difference, and I don't use a mouse on my iPad where the same ZOOM IN "glitch" also occurs. And it also happens on my iPad when I'm away from home, using other WiFi networks.

I've also spent a lot of time going over the zoom features on my Apple device - specifically the Accessibility options. But changing them also hasn't worked.

I believe this all started after a couple OS/iOS updates ago last year, on my iMac and iPad.

Please note that I selected my iPad 10.2 as the tag for this question, but please also note that it happens equally on my iMac too.

Please advise.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 1:44 PM

There are no replies.

Sporadic Zoom In on iMac and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.