Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I Transfer Whatsapp Chats from iPhone to Android with Cable?

Hey everyone, I've recently switched from an iPhone to an Android device and I'm facing a bit of a challenge that I hope some of you might be able to help with. My main concern is transferring all my WhatsApp chats from my old iPhone to my new Android phone. I've heard that it's possible to do this using a cable, which sounds like a straightforward and secure method. However, I'm not exactly sure how to go about it and I'm worried about losing some important conversations in the process. If anyone has experience with this or knows the steps to successfully transfer WhatsApp chats via cable, I would really appreciate your guidance and advice. Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 15

Posted on Mar 3, 2024 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 12:57 AM

Switching from iPhone to Android and keeping your WhatsApp chats intact can definitely be a bit tricky, but you've got this! Using a cable is a solid way to transfer your chats directly. Here’s a quick breakdown of how you can do it:

https://www.androidphonesoft.com/blog/3-ways-to-transfer-whatsapp-chat-from-iphone-to-android/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2024 12:57 AM in response to Harol17

Switching from iPhone to Android and keeping your WhatsApp chats intact can definitely be a bit tricky, but you've got this! Using a cable is a solid way to transfer your chats directly. Here’s a quick breakdown of how you can do it:

https://www.androidphonesoft.com/blog/3-ways-to-transfer-whatsapp-chat-from-iphone-to-android/

Apr 23, 2024 1:03 AM in response to Harol17

First up, make sure you have a compatible USB cable for connecting your iPhone to your Android (like a USB-C to Lightning cable). You’ll also need to download the Move to iOS app on your Android phone from the Google Play Store to help with the transfer.

Here's a quick rundown of what to do:

1. Start Fresh: On your Android phone, begin setting it up as a new device. You'll see an option to "Copy apps and data" – go for it!
  2. Connect to iPhone: When prompted, choose to transfer data from an iPhone, then open the Move to iOS app on your Android.
  3. Pair the Devices: You'll get a code on your Android phone. Enter this code on your iPhone.
  4. Select Your Data: On your iPhone, select WhatsApp in the transfer data list, and hit continue.
  5. Export Chats: Your iPhone will start prepping your WhatsApp data for transfer. Once it's ready, you'll get a prompt to continue on your Android.
  6. Import on Android: Follow the instructions on your Android to complete the transfer. You might need to log into WhatsApp and verify your number.

Apr 23, 2024 12:57 AM in response to Moria65

Moria65 wrote:

Thank you for your reply. This tool is really good and the transmission efficiency is very high!

Mar 4, 2024 2:56 AM in response to Harol17

1. Make sure you have WhatsApp installed and you're logged into your account.

2. Begin the setup process on your Android device. When you reach the point of transferring data, select the option to transfer data from an iPhone.

3. Connect your iPhone and Android device using the USB-C to Lightning cable.

4. Your Android device will guide you through the process. You may need to scan a QR code displayed on the Android device with the iPhone. This QR code will open WhatsApp and start the transfer process.

On your iPhone, you'll be prompted to confirm the transfer of your WhatsApp data to the Android device.

5. Continue with the setup of your Android device. Once the setup is complete and you open WhatsApp, you'll be prompted to log in to your account. After logging in, WhatsApp will begin restoring the data transferred from your iPhone.

Important Notes

The transfer process is secure, and your messages are not sent to WhatsApp during the transfer.

Transfer Time: The transfer time will depend on the amount of data you have. It could take a while if you have many chats and media.

Ensure that your Android device supports receiving data from an iPhone. Most new Android phones do, but it's good to check compatibility.

This feature was a significant update from WhatsApp, addressing a long-standing issue for users switching between iOS and Android. If you encounter any issues during the transfer, make sure both of your devices have the latest software updates and the latest version of WhatsApp.

Mar 4, 2024 4:37 AM in response to Harol17

You can try alternative methods that involve using cloud storage services like Google Drive or iCloud to back up your WhatsApp chats on the iPhone and then restore them on the Android device. However, note that these methods may not involve a direct cable transfer. Here are the general steps for using cloud storage services:

Back up your WhatsApp chats on your iPhone:

1: Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to Settings.

2: Select Chats -> Chat Backup -> Back Up Now.

3: Choose a cloud storage service like Google Drive or iCloud and complete the backup process.

Restore the WhatsApp chats on your Android device:

1: On your Android device, install WhatsApp and sign in with the same phone number you used on your iPhone.

2: WhatsApp will detect the backup on the cloud storage service and prompt you to restore it.

3: Follow the on-screen instructions to restore your chats.

While these methods may not involve a direct cable transfer, they provide a free option to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to Android. Remember to check the documentation or guides provided by WhatsApp for detailed instructions on using their backup and restore features with specific cloud storage services.

How can I Transfer Whatsapp Chats from iPhone to Android with Cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.