Is there a way to download Apple Music without the windows store?

I would like to switch from iTunes to the actual apple music app on my windows pc, but I don’t have the windows store on computer. Is there a way to get the app without it?

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 5, 2024 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2024 10:06 AM

Hi, fjek! My work PC has the Microsoft / Windows Store blocked and that is the only way to download Apple Music to a PC. However, if you log in to ‎Apple Music - Web Player with your Apple Music account, you will get a pretty full-featured web version of Apple Music. If you do this in Chrome or Edge, you can then export the website as an app (Chrome or Edge), and pin it to the taskbar and launch it just like a regular app. I often forget I'm running a web app because it behaves so similarly to the actual Apple Music app.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2024 10:06 AM in response to fjek

Hi, fjek! My work PC has the Microsoft / Windows Store blocked and that is the only way to download Apple Music to a PC. However, if you log in to ‎Apple Music - Web Player with your Apple Music account, you will get a pretty full-featured web version of Apple Music. If you do this in Chrome or Edge, you can then export the website as an app (Chrome or Edge), and pin it to the taskbar and launch it just like a regular app. I often forget I'm running a web app because it behaves so similarly to the actual Apple Music app.

Mar 5, 2024 3:08 PM in response to fjek

I am a bit confused because you say the Microsoft Windows store. Microsoft doesn't provide any such software in any case. You can only use Apple's software—for which there are some Windows versions—for purchasing the Apple's music. It used to be iTunes but has now been divided among the 3 apps outlined in the article. There isn't a direct web-based service.

Is there a way to download Apple Music without the windows store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.