My iPhone 15 Pro not working after iOS 17.4 update

Just updated my iPhone to iOS 17.4. After update, my phone is completely unresponsive. Did a hard reset using the volume buttons, and the problem continues. My iPhone 15 Pro is now a brick.

Any advice?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 7, 2024 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2024 12:00 PM

I would love to kindly consider checking the settings, but as I stated in my post, the phone is now completely unresponsive.

11 replies

Mar 11, 2024 1:33 PM in response to NNatividad

NNatividad wrote:

That is why I haven't updated my iOS, have been sticking to the iOS 17.1.1 fresh out the box. Hope your phone gets better mdmetz.

That means you're missing quite a few security updates.

Your call of course but the vast majority of people have no problems with incremental updates. Many of the problems people attribute to the updates are actually caused by something else and simply occurred at the same time (yes, coincidences happen). And, some are caused by people not understanding changes, though that's less of an issue with the incremental updates.

Apr 13, 2024 4:31 PM in response to conlin116

My iPhone 15 Pro no longer responds to any touch on the screen. After doing the iOS 17.4.1 update, I can't swipe up to complete setup or turn my phone off (swipe turn off sliders). I can do a hard reset successfully, but the screen is still untouchable.

Heading to the Genius Bar on Monday to see if they can fix it. I'm not optimistic. Feels like I'll be restoring from iCloud backup on a new device.

Mar 8, 2024 12:35 AM in response to mdmetz

iOS updates aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Response issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

Kindly consider checking your settings and addressing any device issues before attributing the issue to external factors. This could be a pure coincidence that the iOS update affected the iPhone functions.

Before initiating a standard iOS update, it's advisable to create a backup. Have you completed this step? If yes, proceed with the restoration from the backup.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

May 24, 2024 5:35 AM in response to conlin116

I've had this issue several times and have no idea why it bricks when installing updates. But each time, I follow these steps and I'm able to restore my phone: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

You'll need a computer to perform the reset. If you have everything backed up in iCloud it will slowly restore after you get your phone up and running. You could also choose to wipe it completely and start fresh.

My iPhone 15 Pro not working after iOS 17.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.