How can you use Siri to set or reset (clear) Mono Audio in Settings?

As usual, I ask Siri something simple -- straightforward, even -- and it says it can't do it. There must be a way. If so, please do tell.

Command path is Settings > Accessibility > Audio Visual > Mono Audio.

TIA!

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 15.8

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 9:50 AM

7 replies

Apr 14, 2024 9:10 PM in response to betaneptune

betaneptune wrote:

Can't do much for me. Sometimes gives quick facts, like holiday dates. Sometimes does Wikipedia or web lookups. Usually it's "Sorry, I can't do that." Seems running settings would be a pretty obvious thing for it to do. Really, there's no secret incantation for this?

Tell Apple what you'd like to see:

Product Feedback - Apple

Mar 25, 2024 11:12 AM in response to betaneptune

Why do I need Mono Audio? When I play music through the phone's speaker, the right channel is much weaker than the left, at least on some tunes. Since there's no point in stereo from a phone speaker, seems like it's the thing to do. But it's buried deep, and I'd like an easy way to turn it on and off.

I can't believe Siri can't do this. And many other things.

Apr 15, 2024 6:52 AM in response to betaneptune

betaneptune wrote:

Hey, how about helping me set up a shortcut? Yes, I looked at the user guide. Wasn't of much help. Maybe I'll try again. Actually, it'd be even better if I could set up a shortcut that adjusts both Mono Audio and Music EQ.

I'm not the person to help you with shortcuts. If you do an internet search, you may find some examples that you can use as a starting point.

How can you use Siri to set or reset (clear) Mono Audio in Settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.