iPhone 13 Pro Max Barometer not working...

I noticed today that my on-board barometer sensor with my iPhone 13 Pro Max is not working. I am not sure if it is a software glitch (on iOS 17.4) or a hardware issue.

I also don't know how long it has been this way, but none of my apps that use the built-in sensor for weather could find the sensor. It is just hanging there and throwing an error.

Has anybody else had a problem like this? I have tried restarting my phone multiple times to no avail.

Thanks - Frustrating.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 1:28 PM

Same on my 12 since last iOS update. Have reported on feedback, but it says I’m the only one.

23 replies

Mar 18, 2024 4:35 PM in response to Rhesq

Just got an iPhone 15 pro, updated to ios 17.4 on setup. One of my apps (WeatherPro) tells me the pressure is zero (a vacuum!). But the same app, running on my iphone x, running the latest iOS (16.7.6) for that model, gives a reading of 745mmHg.

I changed the settings on the iphone 15, as you suggested, & it didn’t help with the WeatherPro app - still read zero pressure on the iphone 15. But it did work with another barometer app on the iphone 15 that just used the pressure sensor (&that worked OK on the iphone x). pretty strange: partly the individual app and the ios version, maybe.

Mar 30, 2024 4:39 AM in response to FredW1970

Same here on iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Tried some of the tips mentioned here (go to privacy -> motion and fitness -> barometer permissions), but it doesn’t work for all apps.

The barometer worked previously, but noticed some time after the 17.4 upgrade it stopped working.

Phone is in great condition, never dropped. Everything else works as advertised.

Apr 15, 2024 10:18 AM in response to FredW1970

I have the same problem with my new 15 Pro Max. I use Toolbox Pro and have been using it for several years. Now the no onboard barometer is not working in the app.

downloaded another barometer app and it asked me to use the motion and fitness settings for the barometer and it works.

however the toolbox pro has no settings for motion and fitness. Bummer.

May 26, 2024 8:40 AM in response to ElectroVova

Are you using the native Weather App or a 3rd party app? On the native weather app, on iOS 17.5.1 on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, the barometer is displayed as I expect. If you are using a 3rd party app, meaning one you downloaded from the App Store, which is NOT owned by Apple, the issue is with the App, not your iPhone. iPhone's themselves don't have barometers built in. Contact the app developer of whatever app you are using as this isn't an issue with Apple or your iPhone. It's an issue with the apps you're using.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Barometer not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.