Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Notes keep playing

Hello, When I'm using Mainstage there are always notes that for some reason keep playing. This happends all the time making it sounds like scotish bagpipes, which is not what I had in mind.... Is there a magic button or a spell I need to know to prevent this from happening? I'm already using aliases.

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 4:35 AM

3 replies

Mar 10, 2024 7:14 AM in response to DennisElectone

Magic spell? The only spell I know is: 'Wingardium Leviosa'. It worked for Harry Potter but I'm not sure it's that great for stuck midi notes! Unfortunely, I cannot give you a definitive answer, but it's worth looking at the 'Midi-in meter' at the top, centre of the Edit screen. If you are not playing any notes, it should be blank. If however, a note on your keyboard is stuck, a midi-representation of the offending note will be showing (something like: 1 C3 49). Alternatively, if you press and let go of a key and the DAW/computer has only received the 'midi note on' command and not the 'midi note off' command as well, the note will also appear in the monitor and continue to play. I frequently have this problem, especially when I play a lot of notes quickly in succession. This may be due, in part, to the fact I use a slow, 2017 Macbook Air.

Mar 11, 2024 5:32 AM in response to markythesparky5

Thank you for you answer. I think it has to do with midi note off command. I do play many notes at the same time since I connected my Electone to MainStage, it's like playing on three keyboards at the same time. But we landed on the moon 60 years ego, I'm sure Apple can get this settled in an upcoming update, don't you think? :-)

Notes keep playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.