iPhone 8 Plus - Poor reception and broken up audio on telephone

Brand new 8+. The second one as the 1st did exactly the same and was unusable.

went back to older iphone7.

Use sim from each carrier. Worked fine on any other phones, but not the 8+.

Being the second new phone in a year, both brand new 8+, I know it is more than chance.

Looking on the internet now, I see that I have not been alone.

My Research shows that it is likely a flexible cable internal that is either bad at the time installed or it is installed poorly. No recall ?

So, if any have bought an older new phone with no warranty, you are going to have to find a local repair shop.

For me, loosing a phone for even a few days is like a death sentence. And they want me to use it as a wallet?

So, I am a bit reluctant to buy the latest and greatest anymore that seem to be more prone to issues and I can't be without a phone. I can care less about apps.

Spend more time servicing the phone than it services me.

More money/time updating computer apps ios and leaves me with little to no bandwidth for myself.

Dumbphone and laptop/tablet may be in my future. Or just a laptop with VOIP and blutooth headset.

You need to issue a recall !

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 2:41 PM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2024 3:18 PM in response to MAGOOgle

MAGOOgle wrote:

Brand new 8+. The second one as the 1st did exactly the same and was unusable.
went back to older iphone7.

Use sim from each carrier. Worked fine on any other phones, but not the 8+.

Being the second new phone in a year, both brand new 8+, I know it is more than chance.
Looking on the internet now, I see that I have not been alone.

My Research shows that it is likely a flexible cable internal that is either bad at the time installed or it is installed poorly. No recall ?

So, if any have bought an older new phone with no warranty, you are going to have to find a local repair shop.

For me, loosing a phone for even a few days is like a death sentence. And they want me to use it as a wallet?

So, I am a bit reluctant to buy the latest and greatest anymore that seem to be more prone to issues and I can't be without a phone. I can care less about apps.
Spend more time servicing the phone than it services me.
More money/time updating computer apps ios and leaves me with little to no bandwidth for myself.
Dumbphone and laptop/tablet may be in my future. Or just a laptop with VOIP and blutooth headset.

You need to issue a recall !

iphone 8 plus came out in 2017 and discontinued in 2019. Not really a brand new iphone.

What do you expect when you buy and outdated device.

Jun 3, 2024 5:14 PM in response to razmee209

Kind of a LAME reply to what is undoubtedly a common issue with more than just these 2 phones if you take the time to look at all the similar complaints. But if you can afford a new iphone every 2 years, god bless you.

BTW, just because they stop making them does not mean you can't buy a new in sealed box 4 years+ later.

The first one was in 2018. You can still buy them. I just wanted a larger screen. It seems the issue is that 10's of thousands of these shipped out without proper cellular antenna connection.

My remedy

A laptop like I use to use and an older phone. Since I also need a newest laptop to interact with the phone anyway, why use the phone.

Back to using iPhone 7 (yea bought a new one all these years later) without any apps but maps. More reliable. Battery lasts forever without all those apps running in the background.

iPhone 8 Plus - Poor reception and broken up audio on telephone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.