Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Vision Pro optical inserts distortion problem

Got my newly ordered Zeiss optical inserts yesterday. And I experienced a serious problem here. Everything in Vision Pro looks convex, especially the rectangle objects (app window bulging towards me similar to a vintage CRT screen), which should be the barrel distortion that is normally seen on pictures taken by cameras with wide-angle lens.

This is very annoying and disappointing experience. Some reasons that I can think of: inserts manufacturing issues, insert lens quality issue, Vision Pro set-up problem, Vision Pro bug pending fix, etc.

Any solutions for this? I found some similar complaining posts in Reddit. But seems no one fix that problem yet.

My Vision Pro info.:

256GB, 21W lightseal (W+)

Prescription:

OD: SPH -3.25 / CYL -1.0/ AXIS 170

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 9:09 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 25, 2024 12:32 PM in response to Kinlin2024

Back to report my finding, don’t bother wasting money on new light seal , things still distorted. I wasted in total 2x149+199+ 150 (postage). All for nothing.

Apple this is some serious **** in the failure to work out how to make the inserts work without causing distress. Of course only small number of us complain - only because many can’t be bothered. Meta at least get their inserts right even with cheap third party. With 149 dollar I expect things to work but it ain’t working. This is another anthenna gate only this time is lens gate.

i know you don’t care about losing loyal customer since you got so rich from all of us, but it’s time to get off your backside and fix this ****.

Mar 25, 2024 10:57 AM in response to Martín Tobolski

Apple Vision Pro Prescription Inserts: A Tale of Woes and Wonders

Dear Apple Community,

I recently purchased a pair of Apple Vision Pro, and while I absolutely adore them, I've encountered a series of issues with the prescription inserts. Allow me to regale you with my saga of frustration and fascination.

1. Off-centered inserts: No matter how many times I've tried to adjust them, the prescription inserts just won't stay centered. It's like they have a mind of their own, and they're determined to make my vision experience as off-kilter as possible.
  2. Left-to-right stretching: As if the off-centeredness wasn't enough, the inserts also cause a stretching effect from left to right. It's like I'm living in a Salvador Dalí painting, but without the artistic charm.
  3. Vanishing prescription numbers: The prescription numbers displayed on the Apple Vision Pro seem to be playing a game of hide-and-seek with me. They appear, disappear, and sometimes even morph into completely different numbers. It's a mystery worthy of Sherlock Holmes.
  4. Disappointing Apple Store experience: My visit to the Apple Store at Aventura Mall left much to be desired. Despite their best efforts to measure my glasses and provide new inserts, the issues persisted. To make matters worse, they didn't even take note of my problem or acknowledge my appointment.

Despite these challenges, I've decided to keep my Apple Vision Pro because, well, they're just too darn awesome. I'll be returning the prescription inserts and using the device without them, even if it means sacrificing a bit of visual clarity.

So, dear Apple Community, I share my story in the hopes that others can learn from my experience and perhaps even offer some advice or support. Together, we can continue to explore the wonders of the Apple Vision Pro, one quirky adventure at a time!

Mar 18, 2024 10:15 AM in response to Kinlin2024

I have the similar issues, super annoying , and not sure there is a way to overcome it , things look curve , unless I view it from a very sharp angle either from left or right.

Tried with Apple - but I am in the UK - return and refund become a hassle. Ordered a new pair, not having my hope up. Will try to report back when I get my new inserts

Mar 21, 2024 9:59 PM in response to Kinlin2024

I have noticed since I got my Inserts that when I use them the windows looked Skewed. It's like someone grabbed the top right corner of the screen and pushed it backwards in 3d Space. The end result is a 2d window that looks taller on the left and shorter on the right side. If I close 1 eye (doesn't matter which one) the window looks normal.

Mar 23, 2024 10:42 AM in response to Kinlin2024

Got my new pair of inserts today with same prescription. As I mentioned I bought a new pair so in total I own 2 pairs .Sad to say same distortion issue, so anyone who think of having a replacement might not resolve a problem after all. Now I am waiting till Monday when my 25W light seal arrives, that is the last hope of using inserts. If that does not change anything , will have to stick to slightly suboptimal of soft contact lenses, not ideal but at least not curvy.

i will update once I try it out Monday evening. The light seal I got atm is 21W if anyone wonder.

Vision Pro optical inserts distortion problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.