You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office is not compatible with my iMac post Monterey update

Hi, I recently upgraded to Monterey and now my Word, Excel and Outlook are not working. I'm willing to subscribe to office 365 but how do I know it will be compatible with my operating system?

I need some guidance. thanks!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Mar 14, 2024 9:04 AM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2024 9:19 AM in response to CaseySan26

See the following from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/upgrade-macos-to-continue-receiving-microsoft-365-and-office-for-mac-updates-16b8414f-08ec-4b24-8c91-10a918f649f8

To provide you with the best experience, Microsoft 365 for Mac, Office 2021 for Mac, and Office 2019 for Mac supports the three most recent major versions of Apple's macOS.

As of September 27, 2023, the three most recent major versions are macOS Sonoma, macOS Ventura, and macOS Monterey.

Note: As new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will remove support for the oldest major version and support the newest and previous two major versions of macOS. Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the latest major version of macOS along with the latest operating system updates.

You could either subscribe to Microsoft 365 or make a one-time purchase of Office Home & Student 2021.

Home & Student 2021 is compatible with Monterey. See the following from the above Microsoft support article:

Note that new installs of Office 2021 for Mac also requires macOS Monterey or later.

Microsoft Office is not compatible with my iMac post Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.