Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Apple TV turns off after playing album from Music app.

My Apple TV turns off after playing an album from the Music app.

I save albums as Playlists to a Folder ("New Albums"). Upon playing any full album, the system will shut off. I've tried sending intel and data (zip) to Apple about a month ago and this is still an ongoing issue (and has been for months now). I believe this started with a faulty update to the Music app ecosystem a while back.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 17

Posted on Mar 15, 2024 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2024 9:59 AM

The exact same thing started happening to me recently. On one hand it's actually sort of useful since it saves some energy if I forget about the music playing on the TV, but it's still not something I want happening without my request lol

Similar questions

2 replies

May 27, 2024 10:41 AM in response to jason michael

The Music app on Apple TV won’t see your playlists, unless you subscribe to Apple Music (or iTunes Match). But that would play albums just fine without playlist too. No use in doing extra work.

The Computers app (from Home Sharing) will see these manual playlists (at least its local DRM-free files).

AirPlay from Mac, PC, iPhone, or iPad, will play as marked on the sending device.

Are you streaming from a different device to the Apple TV box? From which device?

The Apple TV box may go to sleep mode after a set time of inactivity (no streaming for 5 minutes or more). This delay is a user setting. Less than 5 mins. is currently (tvOS 17.5.1) not an option.

Apple TV turns off after playing album from Music app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.