How can I restore the videos in Clips that were saved as a blank black screen?

I recorded multiple videos and when I replayed them they all saved as a blank black screen. Audio was recorders but no actual picture saved. How can I restore the videos?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 16, 2024 9:14 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 6:44 AM in response to Brimandujano

Unfortunately, if the videos were saved in this state, there may not be a way to restore the original video content.

However, before giving up hope, you can try a few steps to see if you can recover the videos.

Firstly, try restarting your iPhone to see if it resolves any temporary glitches or issues with the device's software. Sometimes, a simple restart can do wonders.

Next, ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS 16 and that Clips is also up to date. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that could address issues with video recording and playback.

If possible, try re-recording the videos in Clips to see if the problem persists. This will help determine if the issue was a one-time occurrence or if there's a recurring problem with the app or your device.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reach out to Official Apple Support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or recommendations to help you recover or resolve the problem with your videos.

How can I restore the videos in Clips that were saved as a blank black screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.