Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropouts while streaming audio

I have searched for appropriate prior messages but none are quite right. I am virtually positive this is not a network problem. There seems to be a problem when iTunes streams directly to ATV, but Airfoil seems to avoid this. It also provides a way, I think, to check where the problem is. When ATV drops out, Airfoil to my iPod keeps working. I feel if it were happening at the network level both would drop out.

I have found, using iTunes directly, or via Airfoil that I may run for hours without problems. Then I get a couple of second dropout. Airfoil tends to recover ok. iTunes starts to degrade and eventually I may lose the signal completely. The device is still listed in iTunes and on the DHCP list of my router, but no traffic is passed. The only cure is to reboot the ATV and start over.

I thought this might be my ATV, but apparently this is a common situation. Nevertheless, I am taking it into the store this afternoon to see if anything can be done.

iMac (as server) and PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.3), The server runs 10.5.3 server. The laptop 10.4.11

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 5:10 PM

Dropouts while streaming by wifi are a frequent problem with my ATV as well. If you do a lot of streaming, you're better off connecting it by Ethernet cable.
1 reply

Dropouts while streaming audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.