Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Icloud website notes not saving

Hi,

I use my icloud notes on my iphone and in my work computer (PC) through the icloud website. Yesterday something changed, I don't know why, but if I use my icloud notes through the website, it doesn't save - I just see it in the right corner "Saving" but never "Saved" and it doesnt sync in my iphone. The syncing is turned on in settings and I dont know what to do.

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 4:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 5:49 AM

Same here, but it has been going on for a few weeks in my case, while it is unusable since two days. Multiple notes and other entries can and could not be saved and were deleted. Please apple, fix this immediately...

Similar questions

18 replies

Apr 6, 2024 12:55 PM in response to jorunnmaria

Same issue here too, only it's been happening for many months. If I open the note I can type exactly 1 thing and it will save, (technically say "Edited"), but the second I pause, even to go and correct a typo, it immediately says "Saving..." and never saves. It's incredibly frustrating as I do all my meal planning and grocery lists in Notes. I type it all up on the browser version and access it on my phone at the grocery, and my iPad when cooking. It has screwed me over at the grocery so many times.

I have attempted using a different browser and that doesn't fix it. I have attempted creating entirely new notes (instead of using the same one and updating it), and that doesn't fix it. It is beyond ridiculous from Apple that something this simple continues to be broken. I live or die by my notes, as I always say, and for them to repeatedly fail this spectacularly is incredibly frustrating.

Apr 16, 2024 6:20 AM in response to calimrew

Well there is a change at least - but it seems to work only as long as you >

a) Work on one page only

b) Do not delete anything

Whenever I disregard one of the two above, newer changes will not get saved and you cant leave the website without confirming to abandon all changes. I have given up hope on this as this seems to have no priority and I will move over to a different service provider. ICloud services have really become a mess in recent times.

Apr 13, 2024 9:45 AM in response to OrangeMadness

I just tweaked a couple notes from the web browser and ... they saved! However, back to my note that is full of a checklist and no good. That is a coincidence to another thread I started: With a note of checklist lines I try to edit (backspace) on my iPhone or iPad the cursor jumps from where it was clearly blinking to somewhere else--and edits in the new, random location.

Apr 30, 2024 7:13 AM in response to jorunnmaria

I've been having this issue for over a week now and I think this is a limitation imposed by the backend system. The web page appears to be attempting to save and it is successful for the very first edit I do each day (which in my case is updating a date in the entry I use for notes), but after that nothing saves. This seems like some sort of limit is being hit and I'm being throttled. It might be Apple throttling because they intend for Notes to be used from the app, and the web is just a convenience.

Icloud website notes not saving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.