You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 15 ProMax won’t sync with iTunes on older MacBook

I am running iOS 17.4 on my iPhone, OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6 and iTunes 12.8.2.3.

I have all my music that I synced from an older iPhone on iTunes. A lot was from physical CDs that I bought and moved to iTunes as well as some voice memos that I had from when my niece was a baby that are on my iPhone 12 but didn’t move over to my iPhone 15 when I used the iCloud set up.

Anytime I connect my iPhone 15 to the MacBook it begins charging but does not connect to iTunes. I don’t see the iPhone icon showing it’s ready to sync and I can’t do anything other than charge it. I am hoping someone has a way to fix this so I can get my nieces voice memos on this phone.

thanks in advance

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 1:49 PM

2 replies

May 24, 2024 3:17 AM in response to jaimefromfort worth

As a Apple user since 1991 - Apple should get their finger out and fix this - This is enforced obsolescence with no patch offered for newer iphones to synch with older itunes. It must be noted that 3rd party purchase app store apps can still synch your new phone to older itunes and that your payments and charge software never get obsolete on these older systems/itune apps. Serve your loyal customers not the App store.

iPhone 15 ProMax won’t sync with iTunes on older MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.