Sandisk 1TB SSD isn't detected by Air M2 but is read by other Macbooks

Old macbook pro 2018 died and I tried to restore my new Air M2 with my backup on a SanDisk Extreme SSD 1TB Drive. The process got far into restoration before I got a "You ejected the disk too soon" error message, with the SSD disconnecting.

I've tried several different USB-C to USB-C cords, and have tried flipping them every which way. Sometimes the drive is shown in Disk Management but sometimes not, but when it is, the first aid option is greyed out and I can't actually access any data. Sometimes I get a "this disk is locked" error where I can't even use the password on the drive to access it. I've been able to access data once or twice but the transfer process always spontaneously ends in ejection of the drive and it won't work on subsequent tries.

This drive works perfectly on other macbooks, specifically macbook Pro - no issues. Power saving / screen saver is turned off.

Is there something physically wrong with my Macbook Air M2? There doesn't seem to be any updates to run and the repair utility on other Macbooks doesn't do anything. I'm at a loss for what to do next.

MacBook

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 11:50 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Sandisk 1TB SSD isn't detected by Air M2 but is read by other Macbooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.